Pałac Wąsowo

null

The Wąsowo palace located in the English-style garden is unique. Its magnificent neo-Gothic architecture and the proximity of age-old trees make this place shrouded in mystery and legends. If you are looking for an atmospheric place, visiting Wąsowo is a must. We guarantee you not only a rest in the bosom nature, but also an excellent cuisine based on organic products and traditional dishes.

The palace complex is a private property. It has been meticulously restored and adapted to a conference and hotel centre hosting company meetings, weddings, special events, baptism or first communion receptions.

The hotel complex includes: the historic Hardt Palace and the Sczaniecki Family Palace with rooms and suites decorated in a palace style, the Gardener’s House and the Doorkeeper’s House, which will appeal to rustic style enthusiasts, and the Homestead with three wooden cottages, a mini-zoo and the Granary where rustic events and weddings are hosted.

wesele poznań
r_00149

Objects

WORTH SEEING
null
The Hardt’s Palace
wesele poznań

An exquisite, historic palace in the neo-Gothic style. The biggest attraction of Wąsowo is located in the English-style garden 5 ha in area.

The Sczaniecki’s Palace
wesele poznań

Baroque and neoclassical palace from the 18th century once belonged to the Sczaniecki family. It was the first building in the complex.

The Gardener’s House
wesele poznań

Over a century-old outhouse was built at the beginning of the 20th century, in the vicinity of a horse stable.

The Wasowo Farmstead and Speicher
wesele poznań

A homestead with three wooden cottages, a mini zoo and a wedding hall in a rustic style called the Granary.

Gallery

null
wesele poznań

The Palace

History
null

Over seven hundred years ago, during the Middle Ages, when forests covered most of the old region of Great Poland, the Benedictines from Lubin brought settlers to its western borders and allowed them to find settlement in the heart of the area. The brave-hearted and hard-working people quickly paid their debt to their benefactors by building homes and creating the first shapes of what was to soon be called Wonsowo (derived from the word: moustache). It is believed that the name was inspired by the common appearance of its first residents.

About one hundred years later, the estate became a property of Pawel from Niegolewo, a knight and a member of a noble family from the region. In the following few centuries, the estate changed its ownership multiple times between a few aristocratic families from Great Poland, including the Rogowskis, the Zakrzewskis and the Raczynskis.

In 1978, Sylwester Sczaniecki, the head of Sroda County and a Member of the Parliament, purchased the land and began construction of his family mansion. The manor, built between 1781 and 1786, combined both Baroque and Classical styles, both very popular among late 18th century Great Poland nobility. The excellence of the former owners’ style was truly reflected by the architecturar beauty of the the triangular pediment with Sczanieckich’s coat of arms – Ossoria, Skórzewskich and Ogończyk, as well as in the beautiful neighborhood chapel built between 1786 and 1790.

As a result of many historic upheavals during that time, numerous Polish families lost their fortunes, including the Sczanieckis family. By force of on obligatory purchase, the dilapidated estate became the property of Ludwik Lewinka, a merchant from Tuchola, who subsequently sold it to Richard von Hardt, a banker from Berlin.

Between 1870 and 1872, the new owner, Richard von Hardt, decided to construct another magnificent building on his newly acquired property, regardless of the fact that the property already included a spacious Palace built 90 years earlier by Sylwester Sczaniecki. The new palace, designed by a famous Berlin architect, Gustaw Erdmann, resembled a medieval castle – a true resemblance of the traditional, romantic, medieval legends that von Hardt was brought up around.

After von Hardt’s death in 1898, the left behind property consisted of Wasowo and its dependent properties of Chraplewo i Głupoń. It was later inherited by his son, Friedrich Wilhelm von Hardt (1855-1938). Richard von Hardt was buried at the Wasowo Park Cemetery, a historical site now open to visitor.

Shortly before 1900, in preparation for a visit from the Emperor William II to Wasowo, the Wasowo Palace residence was significantly expanded by adding another wing, an impressive gate and a restructured tower – all of the additions that have the site an impression of a neo-Gothic castle.

After Friedrich Wilhelm’s death in 1938, his eldest son, Richard von Hardt (1882-1945) became the owner of the property. The newest owner died in Wasowo during the Soviet troops  invasion. After World War II, the entire land, its mansions and all of the remaining properties of Wasowo were taken over by the Polish State Treasury and turned into state-run farms.

wesele poznań
wesele poznań

In 1995, the very distressed and neglected Wasowo Palace has found itself in hands of private owners. Since then, it has been completely renovated and rebuilt from ground up, floor by floor, window by window, in accordance with (Powinna byc nazwa tego stowarzyszenia albo kto to ustala, od zabytkow) national historical guidelines and recommendations. It then opened its doors to the public, as a 4-star, luxury hotel & restaurant complex.

After over 10 years of successfully serving guests from all around the world, on February 19th 2011, during a cold winter night, a sudden fire broke out on the top level of the Hardt’s Palace Tower. The Palace remained in flames for hours, in spite of local firefighters’ efforts to put the fire out. Local villagers came running and screaming seeing this historic building, now a truly loved part of their home, in full flames. This horrific picture will forever remain ingrained in memories of thousands.

In spite of the devastating damage to the property, with the help of local donors and thanks to the unstoppable drive of the owners to rebuild this historic gem, the Palace managed to rebuild and is now again open to the public. At this moment, the historical basement and the main floor of the Palace featuring the Wasowo Restaurant, Cafeteria and conference rooms are again open to the public. Two levels of guest rooms were also completely renovated and redecorated, and now welcome its guests. The final stage of the construction will include rebuilding of the famous Palace Tower.

In 2012, the Wasowo Palace expended its property by adding the nation’s largest historical-site conference & banquet room in the Grand Poland named Parkowa or Park Hall. The 400 square meters Parkowa is located in the private, quiet area of the complex and features beautiful view of the park. It is a perfect place for business meetings, weddings receptions or private banquets.